We rely on charitable organizations and they rely on us.
|We rely on them to cure diseases, feed the hungry, teach our children, present the arts, preserve our history, train our doctors and shelter the homeless.They rely on us for survival. The majority of their funding comes from people like you who have given generously throughout their lives.By including a charitable gift in your will or estate plan, you can help contribute your favorite organization’s work in the Alexandria area well into the future. Start today in 4 easy steps!||What you should know:• You can make a legacy gift to charity. Whether you consider yourself rich or poor, or somewhere in between, your gift can make a difference. Even a small amount can have a big impact over time.• You can leave money to your family AND to your favorite charity. Some charitable gifts may actually save your family money by decreasing taxes.
• It’s easy. A simple directive in your will can bring welcome support to an organization that will make a difference in many lives.
Start today in 4 easy steps!
1. Make sure you have an up to date will (or living trust) that reflects your charitable objectives. Without these documents, you surrender control of your property and assets to the courts.
2. Make your favorite charity a beneficiary of your life insurance, pension plan or IRA.
3. Think beyond cash — you can leave stocks, real estate, insurance policies and other property to charitable organizations.
4. Contact your financial advisor (a financial planner, lawyer or accountant) and ask for help in establishing a charitable gift.
Leave a Legacy Alexandria Steering Committee Members:
Douglas County Habitat for Humanity
Alexandria Area Community Foundation
Alexandria Public School Education Foundation